Functional pottery made in Wisconsin

Functional pottery made in Wisconsin

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A day in Feb

I forget how challenging the winter weather can be. But so is the summer weather. Today it's close to zero with wind chills in the -10s. Now if it was summer, it could be in the 70s but then we deal with the biting flies, mosquitoes or gnats. Hmmm, which is worse? I miss the warmth of the sun, but not going thru gallons of Deep Woods Off. In summer I have my wheel out at the studio and get to watch the birds fly, the wind in the pines and enjoy the garden.

But today I'm chasing my grandson around the house. No, really. He goes from cuddling the dog, to throwing the plastic lids out of the drawer in the kitchen, to helping me put them back, then back to the dog, etc, etc.
It is a blessing to be involved with my daughter's children. They so mirror what I experienced when I was in the mommy seat. Too fun! oops, gotta go, Andrew is on the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment