Functional pottery made in Wisconsin

Functional pottery made in Wisconsin

Thursday, March 31, 2011

End of March but no robins yet.





Up here we wait anxiously for the first robin. I don't know if they are in Minocqua or Eagle River yet, but not in our back yard. I did hear a sandhill crane today from across the road beyond the woods. I is hard to wait for warm weather to push the frost out of the ground and allow the melted snow to sink in. All the trees look so winter weary.
I am heading off to Onalaska tomorrow for a weekend show at the Omnicenter, and of course we have a forecast of maybe snow. ecch. I am just praying my old van holds out. This is the first show I'm doing alone since my knee injury and surgery. This will test it! The van is loaded with pottery and baskets, my suitcase and coffeepot.
Barry harvested grapevines Tuesday (in the snow) so he would have some fresh beautiful baskets for me to sell. I've been making yarn bowls, ikebanas, earring bowls, bakers and mugs. Perhaps spring will come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment