Functional pottery made in Wisconsin

Functional pottery made in Wisconsin

Saturday, April 3, 2010

the pottery process









I know I'm disorganized, but I thought it would be nice to show some of the steps to make pottery. I had just finished enjoying my favorite Food Network chef, Nigella Lawson early this Saturday morning and decided to post some delicious pottery pictures. I cannot out cook her, but can do a bit of clay work! This is an extremely busy time in the pottery, as I continue to make items for the studio inventory and must plan out the making of 16 dozen mugs for a special customer. Mugs are, for me, the most labor intensive item to make since there are several steps. The throwing of the body, trimming, handle pulling and later attaching. It's a real joy to have a bunch of mugs all finished and ready to sell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment